Friday, April 9, 2010

Silly Little Birdie

Hi!

We've all seen the cute little birds at the Dollar Store, right?

I thought the glazing was a little too much for my taste and the black eye - scary... So, out came the handy dandy Toasted Almond paint. I painted the bird and then gave it just a hint of mocha glaze. Much better.



Then, I took another Dollar Store staple - a candle holder. I rummaged through my things looking for just the right perch for the little bird. I found a small clay pot saucer.





I painted and glazed them and put it all together and this is how it came out!



She looks great in my coffee table grouping. The little pot contains my collection of small, egg-shaped rocks so it's like she's watching over her nest.





I posted this on:

sweetcharli"

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Oh I need to try this! :o) It is way too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I please link back to this post when I make mine?
    Sincerely ~ Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can definitely link back to this post! Thanks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea, and oh so sweet.
    What kind of glue did you use?

    Cannot wait to see what else you have going on here.

    blessings

    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!!!!
    I saw them and left them...may need to go back and rescue them.

    justanightowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! You know I would look at that bird at the store and say nope, and you have turned it and your creative stand into something great!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job . . I love dollar store decor!
    Hugs ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww, way presh! Good find!
    Heather @ www.savingmoneylivinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute!! I have a bunch of those birds, I stocked up, now to get the candle stick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable! Perfect place for the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog today :) Ive been browsing around yours and love what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is also a very fun project! I love little birds in home decor! i will make one!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh it's all perfect together! And the cabinet as a tray is a GREAT idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so loved your little birdie that I had to make several for my daughter's graduation party. They were part of the centerpieces for each table and looked wonderful! Thank you for this great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. web x1g13r9c95 best replica bags replica bags india go to website z2d79h4e59 louis vuitton replica replica bags nyc n4u29x8s78 replica bags supplier reference n4o14k6s03 replica bags on amazon

    ReplyDelete