Saturday, April 10, 2010

Canvas Chrysanthemum

Hi!

I have been trying to make projects with supplies I already have. I have had a 10 X 10 canvas laying around for a long time. It had a dog bone idea started on it and since I was disappointed in how looked I didn't finish it. (A dog bone idea? you ask. Yes, I know it was crazy, that's why I quit)

What to make, what to make? I took the canvas and stapled on some black denim. Then I hot-glued some ribbon around the edge. Then I went to town adding loops of canvas strips until I ended up with this canvas chrysanthemum:





I got the idea for this from the V & Co. tutorial on no-sew fabric wreaths. I simply changed it up to lay the loops down parallel to each other. Once I got to the center, I just made the strip into a circle instead of a loop.

This could be made with any type of fabric in any color. And of course, it would look more upscale if you didn't use frayed fabric :) but that's the look I was going for. This is meant for our master bedroom that will have a black and cream scheme for the summer.

Is it just me or does this look like a blooming onion?


I'm linking this up to:






Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cool! This would look great on a present rather than a bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat! Just love it!!! Texture and color are vintagey!

    love, kelee @ www.katillacshack.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job! I like the choice of fabric and the FRAY on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is awesome, I really like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I especially love the frayed fabric... It would go fabulously in our house!
    We have a Friday Fun Finds party- if you're interested, we'd love it if you'd link to this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, I'd love to link to your party! Thanks! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. SO unique...Im LOVING it! Thanks for linking up to ANything Related!
    ~Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you are utilizing supplies you have on hand - sometimes I find I am just "collecting" more stuff! I love the textures of the flower. Thanks for linking this up too!

    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete