Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Mirror Makeover

Hi!

I've had this mirror for ages. It started out china blue, then it was this rusty red color. (Sorry for the poor picture quality!)



I just noticed it in the closet the other day and thought I would try to give it a makeover. Of course, it needed a new paint job, and I decided black would be the color to go with. I took out the mirror and carefully knocked out the existing design and painted the frame. Then I put the mirror back in and played around with masking tape laying out patterns. Once I decided on a pattern, I just cut 1/4 inch square stock (that's what my husband said it was called) with the compound miter saw. I made sure the pieces were nice and tight when they were put in place. Then I took the mirror out and covered it with newspaper so I wouldn't get glue onto it and put it back in. Then, I simply used Gorilla Glue to affix each piece. Once the glue was dried I gave the square stock a paint job, too. And here's how it turned out:



It was a pretty fun and easy project. I think even Bubba likes it. When he saw me with the camera, he came over to pose :)

This is yet another piece of our master bedroom makeover.

I'm linking this post to
UndertheTableandDreaming
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. What a great mirror makeover - it looks great in black and I like the new "pattern" you created. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today - when you get a chance, please add a link back to the party. Thanks! Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I forgot the link in the original post. I did go back and add a new post with the link though :) Still new to this :) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so doing this. I have a simple four panel mirror that needs some tlc and reading your post, it just dawned on me where I could hang it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bubba's mama! Like the new mirror and the new panels you created... and Bubba is adorable! :) Thanks for stoppin' by!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fabulous black! I love the little details you added - it really gives it a modern look! Great job!

    Thanks for linking to the Sunday Showcsae Party! Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing at the Sunday Showcase Party! I greatly appreciate it! What an amazing transformation! Love the black - looks brand new! Hope you have a great week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete