Saturday, April 17, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!?!?

I know, I know, it's April! But I just finished my Valentine project and I wanted to show it to you.

I just used a 10 x 10 canvas, some buttons from my mom's and grandma's button boxes and made this cute Valentine decoration.



First, I sewed the first layer of flat buttons on, leaving some spaces between them. Then, I hot glued buttons with shanks into the spaces.



Something funky happened to the bow :) I didn't notice that before I took the picture, but you get the gist anyway.

I'm linking this post to:

UndertheTableandDreaming

and
Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap up party!



Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special


Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Super cute project! Love the layered buttons!

    Thanks again for joining the Sunday Showcase - Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love how the different shades of red look together. That's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love the layering and the way the buttons look "collected" over time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say Valentines and Halloween have turned into top favorite Holiday craft time and decorating for me up there with Christmas almost! I love your project, the layering, the color the texture the buttons, too cute for words!~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I have never attempted any button crafts but it looks like a fun project. Yours turned out wonderful.

    ReplyDelete