Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shop Class Wall Sconces

I love going to Goodwill to see what I can find and spruce up. On my last trip there, I found several items to transform. I found two sconces like the one below for $2.99.




They looked like something a young man would have made in shop class and given to his mom for Christmas. I just loved the rustic quality and the natural element of the wheat but the wood tone was no good. So, I brought them home and went to work with some cream paint, a little sanding, and my mocha glaze.

And here is one completed. Doesn't it look completely different?






Here's the one in original condition and the completed transformation.





These will go in my husband's manroom, (aka, the basement family room) when we finish our mantle. I better get crackin' on the second one.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! I am sure they will both look fantastic in the "Manroom"!!
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete