Monday, November 16, 2009

Fabric Flowers

Hi,

I spent Saturday afternoon (in my pajamas) making fabric flowers. Husband was out deer-hunting so the house was nice and quiet except for the hum of my sewing machine. I found this great tutorial over the summer when I was looking to make myself a flower brooch to wear to a wedding. It was so much fun to make and it wasn't very hard.

I used some homespun I had on hand and added zig-zag stitch around the edges to bring in a little bit of color.



Aren't they cute? As I took this picture I kept wishing they were cookies!

And here is a close-up view. You'll have to stay tuned to see the ideas I have for these little beauties.



Go check out Dawn's tutorial at sew ritzy-titzy

I'm linking this up to:








Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, these are stunning! I wish I could sew! Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers!
    So nice to "meet" you.
    Best wishes, Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...I'm totally making these. How seriously cute are these? I'm glad you linked up to the party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! Staying in your pj's all day sounds heavenly!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete