Thursday, May 6, 2010

White Elephant Dresser

Hi!

Every spring in my hometown there is a "White Elephant" sale hosted by a local church. It's held in the arena and I always find awesome deals there. At last year's sale, I got the little dresser with shelves below. It had really been loved by some little girl because there were stickers all over it and the drawers even had some Barbie shoes and barrettes in them.


I got her for $5. We took her home and replaced one side of the dresser portion as it was cracked. Then it was just time for some sanding and paint. I gave her some new hardware and she looks great in my craft area.


I'm linking this up to:

Furniture Feature Fridays

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Great job!! How did you get all the stickers off? Did sanding do it? I've always passed those things up for fear it would be too much work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "She" is beautiful! What a great makeover.
    Don't forget to drop by this morning. :o)
    Sincerely ~ Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  3. You dressed her all up and made her look pretty. Good job. Thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice. Huge improvement. Jane F.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to find stuff like this! Even better when the previous owner sees and and regrets selling it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you found a real bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great piece of furniture for $5.00. I love pieces like that, that provide loads of storage. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete